Civil & Structural Engineering and Design
Gekko’s experienced team of professional civil and structural engineers and designers provide a full range of services including various types of foundation systems, drainage systems, pipe support structures, platforms, vessel support structures and towers, industrial buildings, and retaining walls. We have a firm understanding of all applicable building codes and local government requirements in relation to obtaining the necessary plan check approvals and construction permits. Our team provides complete construction packages, seismic upgrade recommendations, Marine Oil Terminal Engineering and Maintenance Standards (MOTEMS) compliance analysis and reports, and project cost estimates.
Civil and Structural Engineering and Design Services have been provided to the following industries:
- Petroleum Refineries
- Waste Water Treatment
- Pipeline Terminals
- Marine Terminals
- Oil Production
- Off-Shore Oil Production
- Chemical Plants
The services include:
- Seismic analysis and design
- Pile foundation systems
- Transformer and pump foundations
- Vessel foundations
- Containment area design
- Tank foundations
- Property boundary walls and fences
- Retaining walls
- Drainage design
- Pavement design
- Catch basins, trenches, vaults, and valve boxes
- Steel and concrete pipe support racks
- Structural support towers
- Elevated access platforms
- Critical lift plan review and observation
- Blast resistant building upgrades
- Off-shore platform structural evaluation and recommendations
- CalARP seismic assessments
- Electrostatic Precipitators (ESP): Designed structural support for Electrostatic Precipitators at three refineries.
- Transformer Foundations: Replace two transformers with four permanent transformers while utilizing a temporary transformer to maintain operations during the construction period. Prepare construction phase drawings including the foundation, containment area, cable tray supports, and required wall penetrations with the consideration of creating the least possible impact on existing operations.
- Administrative and Warehouse Building Upgrade to Resist Blast Loads: Analyze the existing buildings for their compliance with existing seismic codes with the provided blast resistance criteria. Prepare structural engineering drawing package including construction details for member and connection retrofit of all applicable structural sections of the buildings.
- SO2 Scrubber and Acidulation Stripper: Developed drawing package for a new scrubber, acidulator, duct, and pipe supports. The foundation design utilized torque down piles to bypass the existing undesirable soil layers. Mat foundation system was designed to support the scrubber tower over the pile group creating functional surfaces for pumps, vessels, and miscellaneous equipment. Three dimensional models were developed using STAAD and CADWorx.